The UK Academy of Medical Sciences, in collaboration with colleagues across 9 Low-and Middle-Income Countries, is hosting a virtual workshop to consider the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic response in Low-and-Middle Income Countries (LMICs).
The final day of this workshop - 18 June, 11am-2pm UK time - will be available to watch on the Academy’s website and YouTube Channel.
Watch it here:
Expert representatives will join the across the following settings: Argentina (07:00-10:00 ART) ; Brazil (07:00-10:00 BRT) ; India (15:30-18:30 IST); Malaysia (18:00-21:00 MYT); the Philippines (18:00-21:00 PHT); South Africa (12:00-15:00 SAST); Uganda (12:00-15:00 CAT); Rwanda(12:00-15:00 CAT); and Kenya (13:00-16:00 EAT).
The aims of the workshop are to:
- Bring together evidence from eight low- and middle-income countries from across the world.
- Consider how health systems are responding to the pandemic by discussing key challenges in the provision of effective interventions.
- Consider the role of science in the pandemic response, explore methods of acquiring scientific evidence and evaluate the challenges of getting this evidence into policy in fast-moving environments.
- On the basis of the evidence, identify gaps in our knowledge and the associated research priorities.
- Consider lessons that can be learned by each country from the other and opportunities to work together.
Check the Programme Booklet and follow the link below to the dedicated event page to find out more and view this event:
WORKSHOP ALERT: Addressing the challenge of the #COVID19 pandemic in Low-and Middle-Income Countries— InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) (@IAPartnership) June 2, 2020
The final day of this workshop by @acmedsci, 18 June, (11am-2pm UK time), will be available to watch on streaming, all the info at https://t.co/1j8DifvwzZ#GCRFCOVID19 pic.twitter.com/d7gH7pjSBW