DFID is seeking to fill key vacancies on its independent external RAG. Candidates should have expertise and experience in following areas of science for International Development:
- Health Research - Infectious disease; global health; health systems; and social determinants of health
- Agriculture Research - Sustainable agricultural; food systems and security; resilience to climate change; and technologies to increase productivity
- Climate, Water, Energy Research - Climate and water; clean energy and infrastructure; biodiversity, ecosystems and environment; resilience to natural hazards and disasters; and innovation and technology
- Growth Research - Economic development; job creation in low income countries; education and skills development
- Humanitarian Research - Humanitarian innovation; protracted crisis (incl. forced displacement); and resilience to crisis (natural hazards and man-made)
- Education Research - Education systems; skills; and technology for education
- Governance, Conflict and Social Development Research - Drivers of conflict; strengthening systems on taxation, accountability, security and justice; extremism, corruption and irregular migration; violence against women
- Data for Development – Big data research and evidence priorities to deliver the Global Goals; innovative digital approaches to new and existing data sources; policy-relevant research in big data and open data; generation and use of disaggregated open data; understanding the global statistical system
Closing date for applications is 5pm (UK time) on 31 October 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held in November 2016.
For more information and how to apply, please see here.